Monday, May 25, 2009

Birthday Card deux

Happy Memorial Day to you! I trust as you are celebrating this day with familly and friends, you take time out to honor our Veterans and thank God for our many freedoms. We've been so blessed in this country. But we need to remember that freedom isn't free, and we need to stand up and be counted on to do what is right for our families and our country.

Ok, you came by to see what I've been working on lately. Well, since I still needed a card for my brother's birthday, it was back to the drawing board for me. I stuck with the same set and still used some hemp twine, but that's about where the similarities end. I went lighter and brighter for this 2nd go-round. What do you think? Better???

I have no idea if he golfs or not, but I thougtht this looked more like my brother. He's pretty happy-go-lucky and has a sunny disposition, so this seemed to fit him so much better. Hope he likes it!
All stamps and materials by SU!
Stamps: And Many Mower
Cardstock: Green Galore, Tempting Turquoise, Garden Green, Basic Black, Watercolor Paper, and Rainbow Sherbet DSP
Ink: Stazon Jet Black, Tempting Turquoise, Green Galore, Garden Green, Blush Blossom, Going Gray Pads, and Tempting Turquoise , Garden Green, Basic Black, and So Saffron Markers
Accessories: AquaPainter, Scallop Circle Punch, Slit Punch, Lg. Star Punch, Large Oval Punch, Cutter Kit, Crop-a-dile, Sponge quarter, Dimensionals, and Bold Brights Eyelet (retired), and Green Hemp Twine(retired)
And, no, I don't get rid of too many things that are retired. As you can see, you never know when they might be needed!
Did you notice where I used the scallop circle punch? You might have to really look hard now - it's a template for the clouds I sponged in with Tempting Turquoise ink. Can you see it now? Unfortunately, one of the retired things I did pass on to others was the cloud template. What was I thinking? Duh! There are times you just have to have clouds to make it look right. And this was one of them.

Anyway, after all the effort on the card front, it needed something fun inside the card too. So what goes with golfing? The 18th hole of course. I was going to make it the 19th hole, but that wouldn't fit him either! The flag is one leg of the star punch in turquoise cardstock and a skinny strip of black cardstock all grounded on a large oval of Garden Green. Whew, this card sure used lots of punches and accessories. And my hubby wants to know if I really need everything that's down here in my stamping dungeon. Of course! Like a scout, you should always be prepared! (and boy, am I prepared! LOL)
Have a wonderful day today!
Sharon

1 comment:

laurie said...

What a fun idea! I love it!