Thursday, October 1, 2009

Still Battling the Bug

Yes, I am still battling the bug, and I think I'm winning. Sometimes I'm not too sure - like in the middle of the night every time I drift off to la-la land the coughing starts up again. Oh fiddle! This is NOT fun! But you didn't come here to hear me complain, did you? So, looks like I'll be hitting the archives to find something I made that didn't make it here before now. (creak, rummaging around, crash, stumble) Hey look, I think I found one! Whatcha think?


This little gem was created when I first got my Jumbo Snowflake punch and the co-ordinating Simple Snowflake stamp. I thought this one was ok, but I've gone on to make cards I like better than this. But I do have to show you something, don't I?!

Stamps: Simple Snowflake and Many Merry Messages
Cardstock: Brocade Blue, Bashful Blue, and Shimmery White
Ink: Brocade Blue
Accessories: Brocade Blue Wide Grosgrain Ribbon, 1" Circle Punch, Jumbo Snowflake Punch, Ice Circle Rhinestone Brads, and silver glitter glue (non-SU!)

I had this cool idea of layers of snowflakes, all the same, but still all different too. Just like a for-real snow storm! Oh well, (shrug) it really did make sense at the time. To keep the snowflakes 'the same', I used Brocade Blue to stamp the punched snowflake, and off-stamped Brocade Blue for all the background snowflakes. Because it really needed just a touch of another shade of blue, I used a Bashful Blue punched circle behind the snowflake to hold it together and make it stand out a bit more. I had thought of using Dazzling Diamonds glitter for the card, but liked the thought of a dimensional glitter glue instead. Not sure it really worked out as planned. Maybe one of these days I'll get ambitious and try this idea over again. Or maybe you could do that and link here so I could see your take on the layers of snowflakes idea!! Yeah, I like that even better! Give it a try and let me see what you come up with.

Well, the coughing has been causing problems with the typing. I think it's time to give it a break and get back to the "bug battles". Hopefully tomorrow I'll be a little better and posting again.
Keep those prayers coming, I can use them and I know they're helping!

God bless,
Sharon

No comments: