Thursday, October 15, 2009

Patterned Trees card

Can't believe it's Thursday already. This week is just flying by and I've been trying to play catch-up all week. There's just so much to do and definitely not enough hours in the day to get it all done! But somehow I always find time to get some stamping in, don't you? It's really my business, my passion, and my therapy all rolled into one! LOL

Well, one of the things my hubby would love for me to do is get organized and throw out stuff I don't use. Now for me, that is almost an impossible task. You just never know when you might need that 4" strip of ribbon. Or I just might figure out what to do with that half-finished card(s) that's sitting there. Anyway, I've been teaching classes for awhile (like maybe forever!). When someone cancels at the last minute, there's a packet with nicely cut cardstock layers with envelopes, ribbons or other doo-dads, instructions, etc all leftover. I always think I'll get around to making up the extras, and sometimes I actually do!! But that still leaves a huge pile of packets that seems to be growing when I'm not paying too close attention to it! So I've been trying to reduce the mountainous pile of packets. Hence today's card:


Do you remember Cranberry Crisp? I just loved the color and somehow have a bit extra sitting around. But these pieces were for a card that I don't even own the stamp set that was originally planned for it. Oh well, that just means improvising - a little old, a little new.
Stamps: Patterned Trees (Hostess Level1) and sentiment from A Cardinal Christmas
Cardstock: Handsome Hunter, Cranberry Crisp, and Very Vanilla
Ink: Handsome Hunter and Cranberry Crisp
Accessories: Cranberry Crisp Stitched Ribbon, Sponge quarter, and Dimensionals
I still have more Cranberry Crisp cardstock and ribbon left, so you never know when they just might pop up again. But I feel really good that I remade 6 new cards with leftover cut cardstock and ribbon. Now that's an accomplishment! Of course, that is also such a tiny pebble from the mountain of card class packets that's staring me in the face. LOL But it's a start!! And I'm going to continue to feel good about getting started!
Time to get working on whatever mountains you've got staring you in the face. It feels good!
On to climbing my Mt. Everest of cardstock!
Sharon

No comments: