Monday, October 19, 2009

Love Those Ornaments!

Yes, I really, really do! This is one of those awesome SU! stamp and punch combos that just makes me happy!! (doing the happy dance here!) Both items are great by themselves, but when you put them together, it's magic! So I just have to keep going back to the combo and creating something new with it. This time I used the Petals a Plenty embossing folder to add some texture to the background. Then for a touch of bling, I sponged on just a bit of the Champagne Shimmer Paint. It really makes the embossing look so pretty and elegant. Adding the layer of Brushed Gold cardstock and the ornament punched from the gold cardstock too are the finishing touches.


Stamps: Delightful Decorations
Cardstock: Real Red, Very Vanilla, and Brushed Gold
Ink: Real Red
Accessories: Ornament Punch, Big Shot with Petals a Plenty Texturz Impressions, Champagne Shimmer Paint, Sponge quarter, Gold cording, and Dimensionals

Did you happen to notice the tiny strip of gold cardstock on the card? It's just one of those skinny strips that get discarded when trimming layers. You just never know when those little strips of cardstock will be just what's needed on a card. Honestly, I don't save all of the little scraps, just the specialty paper ones like this Brushed Gold. It's just too pretty to throw in the garbage. What a horrid thought! But if I saved everything, there wouldn't be room in the basement for me anymore! LOL
Hope you enjoy the idea. It really doesn't take much time to put together once you have the idea! I just might be doing a few more of these for sending out myself.

Have a great week,
Sharon

No comments: