Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Christmas Shaker Card

Hi there! It's been one heck of a week (almost) since my last post. Everything I put off and rescheduled when I was sick has been happening NOW! Whew! I'm so tired I can hardly function when I'm not teaching a class, having Hostess Club, doing an all-day crop at church, grocery shopping, and running errands. Gosh, I'm getting tired just writing about it. And the bronchitis is still hanging on so that makes everything just a little harder to do. (mumble, grumble, whine and complain!)

I was looking for some way to use the Sweet Centers stamp set and Cups, but I was having a teensy problem. Nothing was turning out as it should. So I switched the idea around a bit. I still used the plastic cups, but changed the stamp set and turned it into a shaker card. Doing a shaker card this way is so much easier than the old way with lots of dimensional tape, window sheets, etc. It's pretty much just punch and stick with the Sweet Treat Cups. You should give it a try!
Stamps: Season of Simple Grace, Sweet Centers, and Snow Swirled
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Old Olive cardstock with Merry Moments Designer Series Paper
Ink: Chocolate Chip and Old Olive
Accessories: Sweet Treat Cups, 1 3/4" Circle Punch, Wide Oval Punch, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Sleigh Bells Ribbon (love this!), Sponge Daubers, Chunky Glitter, Dimensionals, and Coluzzle set
By the way, did you notice the ornament hanger from the set used to make this into a snow globe? It's just the perfect size and shape for this!
I love how easy it is to work with these Sweet Treat cups because they have adhesive already on them! It's just a matter of filling the cup, peel and stick onto the backing cardstock. It can't get any easier than that. When was the last time you made a shaker card? Maybe it's time to try making another!
Happy stamping and stay away from the germs!
Sharon

No comments: