Wednesday, October 28, 2009

BOO Hanger

Well, it seems to be that time of year when all the ghosts and ghoulies are out and about. I myself, much prefer a sweeter, gentler Halloween. I know - I'm such a wuss!! Anyway I made a Boo Hanger for my wall that is cute, and definitely NOT scary! lol It uses lots of fall colors and a few images to perk it up.

Stamps: Twick or Tweet
Cardstock: Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, and Lovely Lilac with coordinating Prints Designer Series Papers
Ink: Stazon Jet Black, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, and Lovely Lilac Classic Pads
Accessories: Chipboard Basics, Big Shot with Scallop Square Die and Serif Essentials Dies, AquaPainter, Circle Brads, Earth Elements Brads, Pumpkin Pie Narrow Grosgrain Ribbon, both Basic Black and Old Olive 1 1/4" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, purple ricrac from Ribbon Originals, Distressing Tool, Multi-Purpose Glue, and Paper Snips, and Glitter Pen (unknown)


This was so much fun to put together. My daughter and I spent time getting them together after I had gotten everything measured, cut, through the Big Shot, etc. We wanted to make several of these for family. This was a great way to spend an afternoon together. All totalled we made five of these. (Sorry I'm so late mailing yours Connie! You'll be already to use it next year!!)






It was fun to decide what accents to place on each letter. I loved how the ghosts look like they're floating up the side of the O. And the little witchy pumpkin fits perfectly inside the 2nd O.

We did disagree on whether to distress the edges of cardstock and Designer Paper. So some are distressed (mine) and some aren't (Heather's). In many ways our tastes are very similar, but we do differ on some things. And distressing is one of those things. She really doesn't care for it at all!! And on a project like this, either way works just fine.


Hope you enjoyed this project. Why don't you try one for yourself? Ooops, one tip I should have mentioned. We found it's so much easier to adhere the cardstock to the chipboard before you run it through the Big Shot. No sense in making more work for yourself having to line up the scallops of the chipboard and cardstock when gluing. So much easier when done ahead of time!

I had gone on some of my favorite challenge sites this morning and found one at Pals Paper Arts here that was "Anything But A Card". Is this project perfect for that or what!? Go check out what wonderful ideas people had for this challenge. Maybe you'll take up the challenge too!

Have a happy and productive Wednesday!
Sharon

No comments: