Friday, October 23, 2009

Girlie Scrap Page

This has been a hard week for me. Seems like I haven't gotten over all the bugs I've been hosting this past month. Halfway through each day I run out of steam and really struggle to keep going. Not all that much has been getting accomplished because of this huge lack of energy. It's very frustrating when there's so much going on and I just can't keep up with it all!

The last two days I've been designing some scrapbook pages. The one I'm sharing today uses the Pick A Petal stamp set. At first this set looks so straight-forward - just flower petals and centers. But it's been lots of fun using those petals for out-of-the-box ideas the last couple of years. This time I opted to go back to the basics by making flowers! Wow, what a concept!! lol


Here's the first page. Whaddya think? It's a little bit out there, but my daughter thought it would be perfect for a little girl playing dress-up. The flower petals were embossed with white over Pretty in Pink cardsock. The centers were white embossed over Apricot Appeal. The 'leaves' are lengths of ribbon (maybe Green Galore??) that has been retired for awhile. (See, can't throw anything out - you never know when it'll be just what you need!!)
Stamps: Pick A Petal and Flight of the Butterfly
Cardstock: Gable Green, Pretty in Pink, Apricot Appeal, Regal Rose, and Vellum Cardstock
Ink: Green Galore Classic, Whisper White Craft
Accessories: Winter White Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Big Shot with Go Go Boots Alphabet Dies, Sponge quarter, White Gel Pen, Clear Rhinestone Brads, Scallop Edge Punch, Paper Snips, and Dimensionals
One of my friends saw the page and was all excited until she realized all the elements were cut out and not punched. Sorry, no petal shaped punches here! She just hates cutting things out! But I don't mind the cutting at all. It's really kind of calming and gives you time to think of other things. Like what else needs doing before an all-day crop on Saturday!!
Back to work for me. Hope you're having a great week. Drink plenty of juice and take those anti-oxidants so you don't get sick. It's the pits getting back on your feet!! ;-)
Sharon

No comments: