Sunday, October 4, 2009

Still Hanging Out...

Just laying on the couch, that is. I think I've made a permanent dent in it! lol When is this bug going to leave??! I'm so tired of feeling tired! It's a shame, when you really want to stamp, that you just don't have the energy. Oh woe is me!

My big accomplishment for the day was making a big old pot of chili. I just needed some comfort food, something that would warm me up from the inside out. Yummy. It really worked - in fact it's gotten my sinuses running too now! Oh, sorry!! I suppose that was really more than you wanted to know. But now I'm exhausted again. whine, whine, whine. Enough of that! Because I didn't stamp again today, it's back to the archives! Let's see what we can find this time around..... hmmm... Oh, how about this one?

Yesterday afternoon my daughter ran by to pick up a couple of sympathy cards from my stash. Seems like I've been needing a lot more of these than normal as my friends all get older. (Of course, I'm not getting any older at all! lol) Anyway, everytime I make a sympathy card, I try to make two or three at the same time to add to the stash. So luckily there were some for her to choose from. But that reminded me of one I had taken a picture of and never got around to posting here. So you're in luck today!




Stamps: Embrace Life and Teeny Tiny Wishes
Cardstock: Rich Razzleberry, Pale Plum, Old Olive, and Whisper White
Ink: Stazon Jet Black, Rich Razzleberry, and Old Olive
Accessories: AquaPainter, Big Shot with Texturz Plates, Scallop Edge Punch, Trio Flower Punch, Ticket Corner Punch, Silver Mini Brads, Rich Razzleberry Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon, Mini Glue Dots, and Dimensionals

This card is clean and simple, but gets some pizzazz from the punched flowers and added brads. The petals of the flowers were curled up a bit to give more dimension. Interest also comes from the two different texturz added to the different layers. That is a great way to add interest to a large expanse of paper without any more stamping.

This is a great card to make in multiples, and can also be made in different color combos if purples and greens aren't your favorites. For some reason, I love using these colors for sympathy cards. They're pretty and soothing, but not too overly sweet. Just right in my book.

Well, the archives are geting a bit empty. Looks like I'll have to stamp someday soon. Oh, there's always tomorrow.

No comments: