Monday, March 8, 2010

Welcome Neighbor Masculine

Do you have trouble coming up with ideas for masculine cards? Especially when you don't have stamps that fit the genre! That's one of my problems. Whenever I go to purchase a new stamp set, I really lean towards feminine, floral, vintage styles. Now there's not a thing wrong with those generally, but it plays havoc with trying to make masculine cards.

This is class week and several ladies have asked for some masculine card ideas. I guess I've put them off long enough and it's time to deliver! I was blog-surfing last week and found something that I could tweak and make my own to keep my ladies happy. Lynn at Mango Boys and Me had just what I needed to get me going. You can check her version and then mine. Her's is really cute and you might like it better than mine, and I guess that's ok too. I followed her sample pretty closely, but changed up some of the items used and the colors. Anyway this is what I've come up for class tonight and throughout the week.
Stamps: Vintage Labels, Trendy Trees
Cardstock: More Mustard, Old Olive, Crushed Curry cardstock and Welcome Neighbor Designer Paper Pad
Ink: Chocolate Chip, More Mustard, and Old Olive
Accessories: Big Shot and Lots Of Tags Sizzlits Dies, Corner Rounder Punch, Chocolate Chip 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, Hemp Twine, Rough Texture Jumbo Wheel and Handle, and Sponge quarters
That's about it for the card. I did use the trendy trees along the bottom edge of the card inside to make it a little more fun.
The way the paper was cut - 3"x4"- I was able to get two from each 6x6" piece of paper. That left a strip of dsp that is 2"x6" that I'll have to do something with. I had thought of making the dsp a 3"x3" square, but liked the looks of this better. Any suggestions on what to do with the leftovers???? I've got 11 pieces so I need to do something with them.
Keep stamping and creating. If you live in the Detroit area and are interested in taking classes, give me a heads up and I'd be happy to give you info about my classes.
Sharon

2 comments:

Rhonda Langley said...

I have such a time making masculine cards! Love this one! I like Trendy Trees and that paper!

Unknown said...

How about using a 3/4 - 1" strip on the inside to continue to feel of the print inside with the words?