Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sweet Sunday Floral

Today has been a very sweet, quiet day so far and I hope it continues on through the evening. I didn't sleep much last night - just too many things floating around in there. Nothing earth shattering, just stuff. So needless to say, I'm enjoying the quiet today 'cuz I'm only half here. I'm not sure where the other half of me is, but maybe I'll connect back tomorrow and be more like myself! I hope that's a good thing!! lol
Lately my sister and I have been chatting quite often discussing baby shower stuff, and of course the topic always turns to stamping and what we've been making. She's been encouraging me to try my hand at these gorgeous paper flowers that are everywhere lately, and I finally gave them a try. OMG, I am hooked!! (Look what you started Connie!!) They are so gorgeous and touchable. I can't help myself! I just have to go make some more! Here's the first one, but by no means the last! lol
After creating this beauty, I tried several backgrounds and decided to stay very plain so it didn't detract from the floral focal point. I tried faux-stitching, piercing, stamping, etc. but thought simple looked best. So what do you think???
Stamps: On Your Birthday
Cardstock: Whisper White, Old Olive, Pretty in Pink, and Apricot Appeal and Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper Pack (love this paper!!)
Ink: Basic Gray
Accessories: XLarge Fancy Flower Punch, 5-Petal Flower Punch, Boho Blossoms Punch, Modern Label Punch, Fire Round Rhinestone Brad, and Vanilla Satin Ribbon.
Like I said, this card is just so touchable! Can you see the awesome texture and softness of the flower? It's all in the smooshing and rolling around the cardstock to create such texture. Since I was so enamored of this creation, I figured all my class ladies would love this technique as much as I do. So what did I do? I made a totally different version of this card for them to try. I just didn't have enough of this cool Sweet Pea Designer Paper left for everyone else!! This is one of my favorite designs in the pack and thus is aaaaaall gone!
So do you think the class ladies will like this technique and want to make more? How can they not!! Now I guess I'll go try making more of these flowers using different punches. Maybe I can make a whole garden of these beauties and have my very own spring here no matter what the weather is outside.
Enjoy your Sunday, and think warm breezes and floral scents from spring. Ahhh, I'm so ready!!
Sharon

2 comments:

Rhonda Langley said...

Beautiful! Love your flower! Yours is so soft looking!

Unknown said...

Sharon, Great job. I really like the colors. You are definitely getting into Spring with the flowers.

Sis