Saturday, March 13, 2010

Another Class Card Doubled

I forgot to show you the rest of the cards from this past week's classes. So far you've seen two, so tonight I'll post another. You'll just have to come back for the last installment of the wildly popular show titled 'Class Cards for March'! Sorry, just being a little silly here! It's been a long week, but a good one. So on with the sharing....

So, what do you do when you've got a head-count for your classes, you've checked on supplies and have just enough of the little accessory pieces and DSP, then someone calls and says they want to come to class and bring a friend. Well, you call one of your downline and beg a sheet of DSP and some felt flowers. You run over there so you can get it, get home, and get it all cut and packaged up. The next day you get another call about more people wanting to come at the last minute. What to do? Turn them away??? Heavens no! It's time to just rethink the project and make a different version of the card for the last group of four ladies. And that's just what happened this week. Now I'm certainly not complaining 'cuz it's great having lots of people coming to classes. It would just make it easier if I knew a little bit more ahead of time so I could be better prepared. But where's the fun in that??



Here's the first version of the card in question.

Stamps: Well-Scripted (Occasions Mini)
Cardstock: Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Whisper White with Sending Love Specialty Designer Series Paper
Ink: Regal Rose
Accessories: Big Shot with Scallop Square Clear Die, Wide Oval and Scallop Oval Punches, Scallop Border Punch, and Sweet Pea Felt Flowers






When I got the second phone call about more stampers, this is how I changed the card. I have to be honest, I like the first one better. If I had not panicked, I think I would have changed the card base to Vanilla and the scalloped trim to the Pretty in Pink. Maybe I'll have to give that version a try too. As you can see, there were no more felt flowers, but I had a few more leaves so I used them with the pink corduroy buttons. Oh well, the ladies certainly didn't complain about this version of the card and really seemed to like it. (of course, they didn't see the first version! and don't you go telling them about it either!!!) lol

It's been rainy and chilly here, but we were out running errands today anyway. You know how it is, when you're low on groceries, you've got to go shopping no matter what. And I'm still here so I guess I'm just not sweet enough to melt! Have a great weekend!

Sharon

No comments: