Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Stamping 411 Challenge 142

Yes, I know. I'm waaaaaay late on this sketch, but I've been so busy! Actually I'm just thrilled to have gotten a card made in time for a change. Seems like I've been really hit or miss with these sketches for the last several months. And it's a shame because they always have great ideas at the 411 Sketch. As soon as I laid eyes on this sketch I knew exactly what I wanted to use - the awesome Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper Pack. Isn't it just the greatest bunch of patterns and prints to work with?? I've pretty much decimated my first pack and I've been pilfering from the 2nd pack already. I've been trying to use up all the first pack before I dive into the newest package, but it's hard. I always have favorites that I want to use all the time! Don't you??
Didn't get much stamping done on this card, but that's quite alright as far as I'm concerned. The colors and patterns make it lovely without a lot of other additions.
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Cardstock: Kraft and So Saffron cardstock with Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper Pack
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Sweet Pea Felt Flowers, Word Window Punch, Sponge quarter, and Tombow Multi-Purpose Glue
As you can see, the sketch pattern was not followed exactly. But it's pretty close. The ribbon just didn't want to be on the card anywhere, so I deleted that and added the sentiment in the Word Window instead. It seemed a good trade-off at the time.
It's really a great sketch for using up all those bits of DSP that are too big to throw away, but too small to use alone. This was one of the projects at a workshop last night, and the ladies really liked the felt flowers with the matching DSP, and that's really what counts. I love seeing someone who says they can't stamp make a cute card like this and be so tickled about it!! This sketch and the products that Stampin'Up! provides make it easy for anyone to make their very own masterpiece!! So get out your stamps and papers and start having fun!!!
Sharon

6 comments:

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Gorgeous use of the DSP and felt and great color combos.....you're just awesome. Thanks so much for sharing this with us.

Unknown said...

Great card Sharon! Love the felt accent you used for that element! Glad you were able to play along this week!

Patti Chesky said...

So pretty!!! Love the combination of papers used here and that felt element put this card over the top!!!

Unknown said...

Very pretty!! Great job using our sketch and thanks for playing along with us over at Stamping 411!!

Connie Babbert said...

LOVE this!!! The Sweet Pea Felt Flower fits on there perfectly! Great job with the sketch.

Selene Kempton said...

Oh I love this! First, your picture on your blog.. makes me smile every time! it's nice to put a face behind the art. You did an amazing job and i'm so happy you played along.