Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Another Sweet Pea card

I just can't seem to leave that Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper alone! I love, love, love it in case you can't tell by how often I've been using it! This is a fun card that can be used for so many different occasions because I just tagged it with the 'for you' sentiment. I'll get around to doing the inside at a later date when needed. Aren't these prints just gorgeous together? There are so many different prints in this huge pack of paper that's it's hard to choose which ones to use first. Or second, or third...... Yeah, you get the idea. And sooner or later I'm going to be using them all!!!!


Stamps: Happy Moments
Cardstock: Barely Banana, Taken with Teal, Sahara Sand, Old Olive, and Whisper White cardstock with Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper Pack
Ink: Basic Black and Taken with Teal Markers
Accessories: Big Shot with Pindot Embossing Folder, Soft Subtle Brads, Scallop Circle Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Word Window Punch, and Chocolate Chip 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon

One of my favorite things about this card is the fact it could be for a man or woman. The colors and layout aren't too frou-frou so I think it would be appropriate for either. Also keeping the bling to a very minimal amount helps to keep it more gender neutral. I had been thinking about making more of these to send to 'From Our Hearts' for the soldiers, so I didn't add a bow on the ribbon. I try to keep the cards a little flatter so there isn't any extra postage required and it's easier for them to write home on. Putting a bow on is cute, but makes for quite a lumpy card. So if you're not worried about needing extra postage, I'd consider adding a little bow to the top of the birdcage. Let me know if you use this idea for a layout and how it turned out. I'd love to hear from you.

Have a great day. And if you're in Michigan - enjoy the sunshine!!!!
Sharon

2 comments:

Arcticstamper said...

Wonderful card! I was looking down to the post on the beautiful flowers. Did you just wet the card stock and scrunch it? I can't wait to get home and try it! It will be a long day!
I follow your blog regularly, and I think your creations are inspiring!
:) Darleia in Alaska

Corie said...

Super pretty -- love it!!