Friday, March 19, 2010

Spring is in the air!

I was out walking around today and I noticed lots of buds on the maple tree and a handful of purple crocuses just shining there as pretty as could be. It smelled like spring outside - that fresh, warm smell I've been missing. And the sun felt so lovely and warm on my face. It was a bit breezy, but I could deal with that, no problem! It was a good thing I could enjoy the day today, because we're supposed to be back to 40's and rainy tomorrow. Oh well, that's spring in Michigan. Oh my, did you notice - I really said spring!! Ahhh yes......
Since we're in a spring type of mood today, I thought I'd share a fun little idea to make a tree from punches! Wish my maple tree was covered in leaves like this, but I'll have to be patient. Isn't this the cutest idea? I love all the texture on the tree and check out the trunk! Would you believe it's made with the Modern Label punch?? Just adding some ink using the Direct-to-Paper technique makes all the difference in the world to how it looks!
Thinking ahead to summer days, I used a cloud print from the Welcome Neighbor DSP pad that was free from Sale-A-Bration. Don'cha love those freebies? I wasn't sure how much I'd use those papers, but now I hooked and can't get enough of them!
Stamps: Love Bandit and On Your Birthday
Cardstock: Old Olive, Bashful Blue, Close to Cocoa, Very Vanilla, and Welcome Neighbor Designer Series Paper pad
Ink: Old Olive, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Big Shot with Pindot Embossing Folder, Scallop Oval Punch, Modern Label Punch, Paper Snips, Sponge quarters, and Dimensionals
Hope you enjoyed this little breath of spring. Don't tell anybody, but we're doing a shoebox swap tomorrow and the ladies will be making a slightly different version of this card. Hope they love the idea. I know I thought it was fun when I saw the tree idea someone else had made. Have fun with this and get outside and sit under a tree for awhile. Watch out for the mud though!!
Sharon

1 comment:

Rhonda Langley said...

Love your tree! I am soooooo ready for spring!