Saturday, October 18, 2008

Sunny Saturday



Oh, I certainly hope you're having as beautiful day as I am here in Michigan! It's another of those perfect fall days with the sky an incredibly lovely bright blue, the leaves turning all shades of reds, golds, yellows, etc., and the temps in the 50's. The air smells so fresh and crisp that you've just got to spend some time outside. So I did! I hope the next time Rick plans a weekend down on the farm that he gets a weekend like this! Just perfectamundo as Fonzi would say.

Ok, back to business now that we've gotten the weather out of the way. I did promise to show you what everyone did at class this past week, so drumroll please. Here they are!

I hope you can get a good look at Frankie here. He's just a little sweetie, isn't he? He's made by cutting the cardstock in half the long way and making a tri-fold card. Did you notice that his mouth is made with the stamp that says "yumyumyumyum'. How fun is that?
All materials and stamps are Stampin'Up!.
Stamps - Tasty Sweet
Paper - Old Olive, Whisper White, Basic Black, and Pumpkin Pie Prints DSP(retired)
Ink - Old Olive and Basic Black
Accessories - Scallop Edge Punch, 1 3/8" and 1" Circle Punches.
Even with the bolts on his neck, such as it is, the card is just the right size to fit in our medium envelopes.
The next card is a winner as far as I'm concerned. I really like to make cards that are multi-purpose and can be used for a variety of occasions. I can see using this one for a wedding, birthday, get well, thinking of you, and the list goes on, and the list goes on (singing). Oops, I got carried away singing to "The Beat Goes On" by Sonny & Cher. Remember that oldie?? Ok, enough of that silliness.
All stamps and materials are Stampin'Up!
Stamps - Sanded background
Paper - Pacific Point, Old Olive, Riding Hood Red, Pink Pirouette, and Bella Rose DSP
Accessories - White Taffeta Ribbon, Scallop Edge Punch, Big Shot machine, and Birds & Blooms Sizzlits Set.
The hardest part of making this card was putting the gorgeous Bella Rose paper on backwards. At least, I think it's backwards. I absolutely love, love, love the rose print on that paper. Shelli, that print is a hands-down winner!
Well, I hope you're enjoying your day. Come on back and spend some time again real soon.
Hugs,
Sharon

No comments: