Friday, October 3, 2008

New Beginnings

Well, let's hear it for new beginnings. I've been contemplating this whole blogging world for at least six months. I know, I know. It takes me a long time (ahem... forever) to make a decision and try something new. But I'm excited to be sharing my thoughts and stamping ideas with you, whoever you are. (You are out there somewhere, aren't you??) I imagine it will take awhile for news of this new adventure to catch on, but here goes anyway.


It's been fun working with my stamping friends and coming up with so many adorable Halloween cards and projects. Halloween isn't my favorite holiday of all time, it's somewhere after Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, 4th of July, etc, etc, etc... But it sure is fun decorating and mailing cute cards out. I don't get into the really spooky, gory stuff. I'm an absolute sucker for cute though!


I think this little cat is so cute flying off on his broom. Or is that a her?? Whichever, I hope my friend likes it because this little feline friend will be flying over her way soon.

All stamps, inks, etc are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Haunting Halloween, Canvas

Paper: Basic Black, More Mustard, Gable Green, Whisper White, and Orchid Opulence(inside)

Inks: Pumkin Pie, Orchid Opulence, Gable Green, and More Mustard

Accessories: Stampin' Pastels, Corrugator, Bold Brights Mini Brads, Large Oval Punch, Sponge quarters, and Dimensionals.




Whew, that's it for my first official posting. Hopefully this has picqued your interest. I'll try to be consistent with this blog so you'll have some inspiration on a regular basis. There are so many of you that I consider friends that I would like to keep in touch with. This seemed like a good way to stay in touch and share my obsession with stamping at the same time. Please let me know what you think of this crazy adventure. I'd love to hear from you. And please, please, be nice. Remember, I'm a blogging virgin. Well, not anymore I guess! he he he



Hugs,
Sharon

2 comments:

Meg in Tally said...

Just surfed by...and I get to be your FIRST commenter!!! Your layout is really cute and the card is cute too!

BloggyWorld is wonderful. Good Luck!

I've met many new friends through this...stop by and see me sometime at Lonesome Pine!

Vera said...

Yay, Sharon! So glad you started a blog. I look forward to visiting often!