Friday, October 10, 2008

Lookin' for easy Christmas?


I was going through my emails today when my attention was caught by an ad. Or I should say the graphics of a portion of the ad. Right away I had to stop and make it into my version of a card. I've been looking for something super easy using stamps that many of my customers already have on hand. So many are on a strict budget right now, that I want to give them ideas on how to use what they already own. (I know that isn't always great for the bottom line of a business, but it's the way I work.)

This is the card I came up with, very simple and quick. I used only 3 sets, 2 colors, and 4 punches, and some ribbon and sponges. Most of these items are inexpensive and might just be in your stamping stash. Go check...

Stamps: Baroque Motifs, Snow Swirled, and Best Yet (Level 1 Hostess set)
Paper: Whisper White, Riding Hood Red
Ink: Riding Hood Red, Always Artichoke
Accessories: 1 3/4"Circle, Large Oval, Designer Label, and Key Tag Punches, Sponge quarters, Silver Cord, and Dimensionals


Of course, if you wanted to make it more lovely (maybe even downright fabulous!) just add a layer or two behind the card I've done. That wouldn't be at all hard either. So what are you waiting for?


Oh, you think you might need just a little more inspiration today? Yah, I know. I owe you for not getting around to posting yesterday. Ok, let's see what else I've been up to today.

Everyone has been making such wonderful things with the Big Shot that I just had to get in there and make some fun stuff too! I just got my Pennant Bigz XL Die yesterday, so you can guess what I've been playing with. Ahem, this might have just a little something to do with my not posting yesterday. Ok, Ok I was busy with my new toy, alright?! I think it might be time for a chocolate break right about now. Janine, have you got any extra chocolate over there???




Ok, I'm back. Now where was I? Oh yes... Do you ever get intimidated about trying something new? There has to be somebody out there besides me that never knows where to start with something new like this. It was surprising how easy the Big Shot and the Pennant Bigz Die works together to make this simple card! Once you get the hang of it, and know how much paper you need, and where to place it on the die, look out! You can crank these cards out in no time at all!
Materials used:
Stamps: Many Merry Messages and Snow Swirled
Paper: Old Olive, Whisper White, Riding Hood Red, and Holiday Treasures DSP
Ink: Riding Hood Red
Accessories: Snow Blossom and Scallop Circle Punches, Riding Hood Red 5/8" Ribbon, and Silver Mini Brads

I was on Patty Bennett's blog (thanks Patty for the idea) and saw what she had done with these cards. Totally blew me away! So much fun, quick,versatile (just change the papers used), and they're easy to boot! What more can you ask for when you're cranking out those piles of cards for Christmas? This card will definitely be part of my classes in November. You ladies will love making this one for sure!
Well, it's off to get things planned for my workshop with Phyllis on Sunday afternoon. Can't wait to see you ladies there and enjoy the afternoon with you!
Hugs,
Sharon

























No comments: