Monday, October 20, 2008

It just needs a little more...

Have you ever made one of those projects and you weren't satisfied with it? Something wasn't quite right or it was downright boring, but you just weren't sure what it needed? I had worked on a birthday card for Penny's workshop last Friday, and it turned out to be one of those projects! It has been driving me absolutely crazy ever since. Let me show you what I mean and then you'll understand what I'm talking about. Here's the original:

I guess it's ok. I know I liked it more when I was first finished with it. But the more I looked at it, the more dissatisfied I was. As you can see, it really, really needed help.

So, the card came apart in sections first. Then I added Chocolate Chip cardstock layers to punch it up a little. Made dark chocolate frosting instead of milk chocolate and added ribbon. Is the newer version better??
All stamps by Stampin'Up!
Stamps: Crazy About Cupcakes
Paper: More Mustard, Really Rust, Chocolate Chip, Sage Shadow, and Very Vanilla
Ink: Basic Brown, Really Rust, More Mustard, and Chocolate Chip, and Sage Shadow Marker
Accessories: Sage Shadow Grosgrain Ribbon, Dimensionals, Small Oval Punch, Vintage Mini Brads, Dazzling Diamond Glitter.

Now this is much more what I had in mind when I got the idea in the first place.

Thanks so much for looking. I'd love your comments.
Hugs,
Sharon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just a little more is just perfect! I really like your finished card.