Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Fragments of Fun

My downline friend, Michelle, got me totally hooked on using Tim Holtz's Fragments. Have you tried them yet? It's so much fun putting together a mosaic of colors and patterns using patterned paper, Crystal Effects, and these acrylic tile pieces. The possibilities of color and placement are absolutely endless. They're so cute, I want to make one for each holiday and season, and any other reason I can think of. Let me show you what I'm talking about. You'll see.....

This is the first one I made. The frame and mirror is from IKEA. I painted it and sanded it smooth then started playing. The paper I used is one of Stampin'Up!s new two-sided DSP called Haiku. When I saw the newest papers, this was the one I knew my friend would like the most. Her house is done in all yellows, oranges, golds, and greens. And her birthday was right around the corner. So I made this for her with a card to match. I liked it so much I wanted to keep it!! Of course, you would never feel that way, hanging on to (ahem, let's be honest now) hoarding things that you think are lovely. Let's hope she's enjoying it.
Anyway, there were more possibilities out there to be tried! Since it's the fall of the year, there is a certain holiday that many people like to decorate their homes and yards to celebrate. This isn't my exact favorite holiday as mentioned before, but I do like cute. So I made one for my home. What do you think of this?
It's on the same order as the first one, but with a decidedly Halloween feel. I used Stampin'Up!'s DSP Ghostly Greetings and the frame is black. I used Only Orange Craft Ink on the chipboard letters and then embossed with Iridescent Ice. Nice and glittery, but not too spooky. It was quicker than the first one to make. Which is a good thing if I want to make another half dozen or so to cover all the holidays. As it was, it took about 4 1/2 to 5 hours all together to finish. Is that what's called a labor of love?
BTW, did you notice Rick's hand in the picture? I wanted to use the pic that you could actually see him, but that one somehow got deleted already. Hope you enjoyed these ideas today. If you have any questions on how to make them, just email me and I'd be happy to go into detail for you. Have a wonderful day. I need to get to stamping. Classes are coming up next week, and not all of the projects have been planned. It'll be fun though!
Hugs,
Sharon

1 comment:

Hubbydoo said...

Hi there,

So far so good. Keep it up