Saturday, October 25, 2008

Lots of Help

Sometimes you can get just too much help. Today was one of those days. My cat Smokey was trying to be helpful and keep me company today, I guess. My hubby Rick is out of town this weekend. Down on the farm for all of you that are in the know. So Smokey was sticking with me most of today instead of having his usual round of naps, snacks, and more naps. He spent time laying on my cardstock, walking around ink pads, jumping over my Big Shot machine, climbing on my shoulder, etc. Right now he's laying in the top drawer of the desk where I keep my camera. He's been so helpful, it's a wonder that I actually accomplished something today! :-D

But that's not what you're here for, is it? You're interested in what I actually did today, right?! At least I hope you are.
Since I got the Sizzix Leaves #2 die, I've been making cards and scrap pages like crazy. Whether I've used regular cardstock or the DSP, the leaves have come out really cool. This time, the leaves were all sponged, veined with a Chocolate Chip marker, and then crumpled up. There is so much texture, I feel like I should start raking them up! After making the first one, I just couldn't stop myself. It's just like eating chocolate - you can't stop at one. That's just the teaser. I actually made enough cards to send to my family for Thanksgiving. (Now if I can just get them in the mail on time and not forget!!)

Oh yes, I did spend a bit of time shopping today too. I had three different coupons for Michaels that were all going to expire today. Of course, they wouldn't let me buy everything at the same time with the coupons. Oh no. You can only use one per visit. And I had no cash in my wallet. So what to do?? Buy one item, use the cc for a $6 purchase, use one coupon, take package out to the car. Come back in, buy one item, use the cc for a $9 purchase, use one coupon, take package out to the car. Come back in... get the idea? I ended up spending over an hour in the store because each time I had to stand in line all over again and then go back outside to the car to drop off the package. There is only one good thing about all that - I got my exercise out of the way for today. Oh yeah, I got everything I wanted on sale too!! Woo Hoo! ;-D

Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Sharon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those leaves are amazing! Too bad our fall is almost over already:)