Sunday, October 26, 2008

Halloween Goodies






As it is getting closer to the big candy day, I thought I would share with you some ideas for sharing candy and cuteness with family and friends. My hostess club will be meeting here tomorrow, so they'll be needing some treats.

The first item up for your perusal is a set of two sour cream type containers with yummy candy centers. They've been made from a quarter sheet of our spooky Ghostly Greetings DSP. They each are crimped closed, and then have a smidgen of grosgrain ribbon to dress them up. This is a quick and easy way to make a little treat special for any holiday. Just think of the possibilities! Kids, co-workers, neighbors, anyone would like to get this instead of a trick from you!

Next for your viewing pleasure, we have a small pumpkin bag made from kraft cardstock. Again, the center of this gift are the candies and goodies inside. It's easy to make this bag which is similar to a 2,4,6,8 bag, but the dimensions were changed slightly to give me the look I wanted. If you don't know how to make one of these bags, I'd be happy to show you at a workshop where you and your friends can all make one suitable for the season. This would make a great place-card for your Thanksgiving dinner. Just add a tag with each person's name to each bag. Wouldn't that make your table look festive and inviting?

Last, but certainly not the least are my spider candies. Normally when I see a spider, all I can think of is smooshing it as quickly as possible. When I see these little cuties, all I can think of is YUM! My downline Jan Tink shared this idea with me (not too sure where she got the idea from, but it's making the rounds). I thought they were just too cute and had to make some for everyone. Aren't they just too adorable? These are the ONLY spiders I'm inviting into my house that's for sure. They are made with just two punches - Scallop Circle Punch, and the Photo Corners Punch. And of course, a York Peppermint Patty in the middle. That's where the YUM comes in. These have been a favorite of mine for a long, long time. In fact, I think there's a few left in that bag somewhere after making these. hmmm....

I think I have to go now and check out the remaining Peppermint Patties. They might be getting lonesome. I think I hear them calling my name....

Hugs,

Sharon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

these are the sweetest spiders I ever did see! they really are cute and I bet fun to receive too!