Thursday, July 30, 2009

What a week!

This week has been so jam-packed with things to do. I hardly know which end is up anymore! First off, we celebrated birthdays on Sunday. There was my sister, my daughter, my hubby, and lastly my new son-in-law. The birthdays are really spread out over a two week period, but it was easier to have one big celebration. Then I had my lovely Hostess Club ladies here on Monday night. I always enjoy having them here so much. Hi Brenda, Dawn, Penny, and Jean! All really great ladies and so very special to me. And this month they brought along some friends to join our fun. It was really nice to see Dalene again, and to meet both Jan and Anna. Actually Jan has been part of our Hostess Club this go 'round, but I hadn't met her yet. I was beginning to think she really didn't exist! LOL Then there were a couple doctor appointments, a haircut, trying to make swaps, figuring out what fits that I can pack clotheswise, and getting ready for my classes scheduled for the day after I get back from convention. Whew!! I'm really going to need to rest up before convention and get my strength back!

Oh yes, I really did have a card I wanted to share with you. This won't be all rant and no raves. Anyway, this card was made a week or so ago when I was on a kick of using Stem Silhouettes all the time. It's a nice clean card that goes together easily and can quickly be changed depending what sentiment you use. I love having versatile cards around so they're ready when you need them.

All stamps and materials by Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Stem Silhouettes, Matchbox Messages,
and Teeny Tiny Wishes
Cardstock: Always Artichoke, Crushed Curry, and Very Vanilla
Ink: Basic Black, Crushed Curry, and Always Artichoke
Accessories: Big Shot and Texturz Plates (woodgrain), Mat Pack and Piercing Tool, Gold Mini Brads, Crushed Curry Polka dot Ribbon (backside), Always Artichoke Grosgrain Ribbon, Sponge quarter, and Dimensionals
Once I finally tried that woodgrain Texturz Plate, I am totally hooked! It gives just the right amount of texture. If you want it to show up more, just sponge a little ink over it. Or you could even add ink with the direct-to-paper method. Any way you choose to use it, this Texturz Plate is definitely an asset to your stamping arsenal. If you don't have it yet, get in touch with me to order, or you can order directly from my website. Just click on the Online Ordering button on the right side of my blog and order away! Easy peasy!
Okay, that's enough blathering for one day. Actually I need to get back to finishing projects for my classes. I'm so looking forward to convention next week. Can't wait to see what we'll learn new this year!
Blessings,
Sharon

No comments: