Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Fancy Flowers Today

Hey there! What a great day for stamping! Of course, that's after spending lots of time looking through the new catalog and figuring out just what I couldn't live without and needed to order today! Oh yes, that's part of this stamping addiction I have - the need to have all the latest and greatest stamps and accessories ASAP! I talked with my friend Jan Tink about our lists and watching the clock for the ordering time to arrive. And then my son came and wanted to talk... and talk some more. Yikes, I love you kiddo, but I just got to get this order placed. Ok, my order is finally placed, so I could get out my stamps and new In Colors to do some creatin'. One of the new color combos that I think is just gorgous is Blush Blossom, Dusty Durango, and Old Olive. What do you think of them...?
All stamps and materials used by Stampin' Up! of course
Stamps: Flower Fancy and Short & Sweet
Cardstock: Blush Blossom, Dusty Durango, Old Olive, and Very Vanilla
Ink: Stazon Jet Black, Dusty Durango, Old Olive, and Blush Blossom
Accessories: Big Shot with the Texturz Plates, Mat Pack and Piercing Tool, AquaPainter, Dusty Durango Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon, Large, Wide, and Scallop Oval Punches, Sponge quarter, and Dimensionals
Don't the colors work nicely together? I just luv them!! It's great how SU! has color coordinated so many of their products and make it so easy for us to put together a great looking project.
The texture on the Dusty Durango layer was just enough to give it some character. The ribbon pulls the design together. And the piercing in the corners is just 'frosting on the cake'. It was fun to make the card, and it'll be fun to give it to someone special too.
Hope you enjoy the idea and come on back for more!
Have a good one - Sharon

2 comments:

laurie said...

I like that color combo too! Beautiful card.

I had an SU class and am placing my workshop order for that and my new goodies today...I'm having a hard time deciding. I am in love with Falling Leaves so that was my first pick..and oh..ribbon..I LOVE ribbon!

Thanks for visiting my blog..off to check out yours!

Rhonda Langley said...

Great color combo! I haven't placed my first order yet-gulp! I have the hardest time making up my mind-if I could just order 1 of everything it would be so much simpler!!