Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Juicy Inspiration

Hi there! What a beautiful day today! Just hot enough to feel good and breezy enough not to be too hot. I love days like today. The rest of the summer could be just like today and I'd be one happy camper. I have to tell you about my latest beverage craze - Cherry Limeade! Yum! It's so cool and refreshing. Now there's a reason for my mentioning this little fact. When I checked out the Stamping 411 Sketch Challenge here, the first thing I thought of was the Tart and Tangy stamp set. It is perfect for any card layout that has 3 images across it. But I've used the strawberry and cherry quite a bit, so it was time to try one of the other images. Then I spied the citrusy one - lemon, orange, lime, whichever you want! And my big icy glass of cherry limeade was sitting right there. Soooo.....
This is a combination of the sketch and my cold glass of limeade. What do you think? It has just a bit of pink like the color of the beverage, and has the juicy limes too. And what could be better on a hot summer day, but a cold beverage and a good friend to share it with. This card seems to cover all the bases.
All stamps and materials used by Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Tart & Tangy, and Friendly Words Jumbo Wheel and Handle
Cardstock: Certainly Celery, Pretty In Pink, Whisper White cardstock, and Tea Party Designer Series Paper
Ink: Certainly Celery pad, and Garden Green marker
Accessories: Crystal Effects, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Pink Taffeta Ribbon, Mat Pack and Piercing Tool, and Dimensionals
I really like the Crystal Effects on the limes. It makes them so nice and juicy looking. Almost makes you want to pucker up! :-)
Hope you enjoy this idea. I like it so much it's made me thirsty! Now, off to get a refill on that cherry limeade. Bottoms up!
Sharon

3 comments:

Rhonda Langley said...

I can't believe I still don't own this set-I am going right now to add it to my list. Love the CE on the limes-great touch.
My personal favorite is cranberry limeade-half price at Sonic between 2PM & 4PM LOL!!

Judy D. said...

ooooh, I love this! The colors are great - makes me feel refreshed like a tall, cool, glass of pink lemonade!

Connie Babbert said...

Yes! Pink lemonade! Great job with the sketch challenge!