Friday, July 10, 2009

Inspiration Everywhere

So often I hear people saying that they find inspiration for their cards and scrapbook pages in store advertisements, and in the layouts and colors of food boxes, etc., etc. I'm so jealous because usually I just flit on by and never even notice them. But today, I received a circular from Bed, Bath, and Beyond that really caught my eye. The colors matched our colors, the print on the comforter reminded me of a stamp in the Friends 24-7 set. I just had to make a card to fit!
I'm so darned tickled with what I came up with. Very clean and simple lines that matched the comforter and bedding set that was advertised. I'm so mad at myself because I wanted to show it to you! But I threw out the flyer before making dinner and now there's gunk sitting on top of it in the garbage can! Yeah I know, way more info than you really wanted! lol Anyway, I'm proud of my simple card and wanted to show it off.
All stamps and materials by Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Friends 24-7
Cardstock: Bermuda Bay, Green Galore, Melon Mambo, and Whisper White
Ink: Bermuda Bay
Accessories: Mat Pack and Piercing Tool, Pewter Jumbo Eyelet, Ice Square Rhinestone Brad, Large Oval and Scallop Oval Punches, Melon Mambo Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon, and Dimensionals
I've been checking back on cards I've posted, and noticed I always pop something up with Dimensionals. What did I ever do before these wonderful little wonders?! It seems like I can't even make a card without them anymore. Are you noticing the same thing with your creations? There's just something special about a little popped up accent that draws the eye and really makes the card stand out. Thanks to SU! for these little goodies, and all the other wonderful accessories they have for us!
I love reading all the wonderful comments you're been leaving for me. It just makes my day and I'm 'floating on air' for hours afterwards. It's great having some positive reinforcement, and I'm learning to leave comments for others more often now too. I used to be a quiet lurker and didn't realize how much those little comments mean to people. It means so much to know others are checking my creations and maybe finding a little inspiration for themselves. So thank you for any comments you leave. I appreciate every single one!
Sharon

No comments: