Saturday, July 11, 2009

Bella Bleu Wedding

We received a wedding reception invite for later on this month. The couple was married out of state where she's been living for the last couple of years. They're coming to town to visit family and friends, and there will be a fun BBQ reception for them while they're here.
I had thought about making a BBQ card into a wedding card somehow, but all my thoughts had me either groaning or giggling. So instead I made just a regular old wedding card so I wouldn't offend anyone or otherwise cause a fuss. I had thoughts of two little piggies with BBQ aprons and one with a wedding veil and.... Oh well, you just have to take my word for it! It probably wouldn't be the best idea I've ever had! LOL


So this is the "normal" card I ended up with. Nothing spectacular, but then again, nothing to get me thrown out either!

All stamps and materials by Stampin' Up! unless otherwise stated.

Stamps: Fun & Fast Notes
Cardstock: Very Vanilla and Not Quite Navy cardstock and Bella Bleu Designer Series Paper
Ink: Stazon Jet Black, Not Quite Navy, Silver Encore Ink Pads
Accessories: Scallop Edge Punch, Mat Pack and Piercing Tool, AquaPainter, Sponge Quarter, Kraft Taffeta Ribbon, Latte' Buttons, Ice Round Rhinestone Brad, Dimensionals, and a Sakura Gelly Roll Pen in a champagne color


I wanted to at least keep the card from being too frilly and girly, which I think I managed quite well. The gelly roll pen was used on the flowers and scallops of icing on the cakes. It just didn't want to show up too well in any of the pictures. The cake stands were watercolored with the Silver Encore ink for just a smidgeon of shine.

Ok, now that the card is made, it's time to go shopping to find the perfect gift. I wonder if they like to grill outside? I could always get them all the tools and goodies needed to be the BBQ King of the Neighborhood! I think I really need to get off this BBQ kick and get back to reality. Maybe we should just plan on grilling tonight. That would satisfy this crazy bbq yearning I'm dealing with. Yeah, that's the ticket!

Have a lovely weekend!

Sharon

No comments: