Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Get Whale Mojo Monday

What a great week this has been so far. This has been class week for me so I'm running a little behind on things. I enjoy having classes here so much. It's really a thrill seeing so many friends each evening. (Roni and Diane, hope you're both feeling better! I missed you Monday!) Because of summer there are fewer ladies coming, but that gives me a chance to really sit down and chat much more than normal. Usually I'm hopping around trying to make sure everyone has what they need and understands my directions. So the last several nights have been extra fun for me. I love you ladies! You're the very best!!
So with classes going on, I haven't had a chance to check on the Mojo Monday sketch until late last night. I didn't get started then, but let the ideas percolate. I woke up this morning with an idea for a card that was needed. It would be perfect for the sketch. So it was off to the stamping dungeon and pulling out more of my excess retired DSP. I had in mind the stripe from Treehouse DSP. Do you remember it? It's been awhile, but it was just what I needed for this get well card for a younger boy. See what I mean....?
Is this something an 10 year old boy would get a kick out of? I sure hope so! Anyway, it was fun working with the retired papers again. I really need to do it more often so my stash gets a teeny bit smaller, or else it just might take over the whole shelf!
All stamps and materials by Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Pun Fun and Think Happy Thoughts
Cardstock: Brocade Blue, More Mustard, Soft Suede, Whisper White cs, and Treehouse Designer Series Paper (retired)
Ink: Stazon Jet Black, Brocade Blue
Accessories: Blender Pen and Stampin' Pastels, Mat Pack and Piercing Tool, 3/4" and 1 1/4" Circle Punches, Linen Thread, Kraft Corduroy Button, and Dimensionals
One of the things that has surprised me with this lovely new catalog is the fact that so many of the new In Colors work well with printed papers we've had in the past. The Soft Suede little circle of cardstock on this card really coordinates quite well with the greenish/brownish stripes in this paper. I'm going to have to get more of my papers out to see what works with what. Of course, I'll be fitting this in between my workshops, the downline meeting Thursday, and getting swaps made for convention trading. Sure I can do all that (as my head is spinning around trying to figure what should be first on the priority list)! Maybe I better quit talkin' and start stampin'.
See ya later...
Sharon

1 comment:

craftyrachel said...

What a great card! So punny... Ha ha! Seriously, you did a marvelous job. I love that whale!