Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Another Autumn Treasure

Yes, we're still pretending it's fall over here. (It sure feels like summer outside today though!) I can't seem to get enough of the lovely prints in the Autumn Traditions DSP. They're just wonderful as far as I'm concerned, and just so much fun to use them!
When I first checked the sketch on Karen Giron's blog, I thought it might be hard to come up with an idea for it. The sketch was for a square card which I seldom do. My card's dimensions are 4 1/4" x 5". Not quite square, but close. It's definitely different, but I really liked the look. An idea popped in my head late last night, and surprisingly it was still there this morning! (That's a miracle all by itself!) I had to run down and see if there was a print that could pull off what I was planning. And I think this pinecone print is just perfect for this card. Whadiya think??
I Love It!! I hope you do too. Every once in a while I surprise myself, and this was definitely one of those times. There's lots of texture, some layers, and some bling too. What more could I add, I ask you?
All stamps and materials by SU!
Stamps: Autumn Days and Always
Cardstock: Sahara Sand, Soft Suede, Old Olive, and Naturals Ivory cardstock with Autumn Traditions Designer Series Paper
Ink: Old Olive and Soft Suede pads, and Old Olive and Soft Suede markers
Accessories: Scallop Circle Punch, 1/2", 1", and 1 1/4" Circle Punches, Circle Scissors Plus, Soft Suede Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon (backside), Build-a-brad, Sponge quarters, and Dimensionals
Do you like it? I think it'd be perfect for either Thanksgiving or even a masculine birthday card. Could even be a rustic Christmas card!
Anyway, I'm happy with it and hope it starts your creative juices flowing. Have a great day and get those stamps out. Their calling out to you.... Can you hear them???
Sharon
ps - I love to read your comments! It just makes my day. Hope someday I can meet all you lovely, talented people. It would be such a treat for me.

6 comments:

Veronica said...

Very nice! love the colors!

Janet W Marks said...

I love the Autumn theme and colors. It's nice to know I am not the only one dreaming of Fall....;)

Karen Giron said...

I love it! I'm ready for fall too - it's my favorite season really. Fantastic job!

Rachael Knight said...

Sharon thanks for your lovely comment on my card! I appreciate you taking the time to post feedback for me, thank you! I love your entry - it's got a really soothing and restful feel about it. I hope SU brings us that DSP in New Zealand at some point, that would be nice. Fabulous job!

Stamp and Smile said...

Fantastic card Sharon!! Love your take on Karen's sketch challenge this week... such warm earthy colors! Great eye for detail... :)

Rochelle said...

Very nice Sharon! The colors are very earthy and I like them! This would be a great card for a guy!