Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Where, oh where is spring?

It's been awhile since I've been back here, what with Easter and all the services leading up to it, taxes, and then classes this week. Whew, it's been busy around here. Hope your Easter was wonderful and you enjoyed the time with family. Mine was great - family is all fine and the food was scrumptious and filling. And the taxes were all mailed yesterday. Classes started last night. So I think we're on track finally. At least for now anyway! Now comes the problem. Here it is, the middle of April. Ladies coming in last night for class all said it was sleeting outside. That's just a small step away from snow - horrors! I shudder to even speak the word! When are we going to get a bona fide spring? I really need to know! There have been too many false promises that I'm leary of believing the weatherman any more. Maybe it's time for a new one if this one can't deliver the goods. Time to revolt - no more weather channel for me until it truly is warm again! Who's with me on this? It's time to take a stand!



So since we still have awful weather, I thought it appropriate to post one more winter themed project. This 8x8 scrap page was one of the projects we made at the London Regional I was lucky enough to attend. Isn't this a cute page? And the colors are perfect for the cold winter weather.
All stamps and materials by Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Best Wishes and More
Cardstock: Pacific Point, Ruby Bed, Bashful Blue
Ink: Pacific Point Classic Ink, Old Olive and Whisper White Craft Inks
Accessories: Metal Edge Tag, VersaMarker pen, Clear Rhinestone Brad, Mini Libraary Clips, Crafters Tool Kit, On Board Timeless Type Chipboard Letters, Dimensionals, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, and 3/4" Circle Punch


I hope you can see on this picture how we used the 3/4" Circle Punch on the left side of the page. It was a very subtle play on the metal edge circle tag with the snowflake. And can you see where the snowflake was outlined with the VersaMarker pen? I was surprised at how much that showed up after it dried. And the little arrow on the left came from the inside of the W.
So many little touches really make up a cute page. SU! really outdid themselves with this page in my opinion. Hope this gives you some ideas for all those winter pictures you have stashed away. Guess I need to go through my own stash and find a pic for this page and actually get a page done! Naw, that would mess up my unfinished page streak!
Happy stamping and stay warm,
Sharon

No comments: