Saturday, April 4, 2009

I don't like taxes!

Most of today was spent working on my paperwork for taxes. How horrid! Did I mention I don't like doing (or paying!) taxes? It seems like such a monumental waste of time. Of course, if I was organized - which I definitely am NOT - I would have it all sorted, posted, and compiled months ago. Hmmm. I bet you're one of those organized neat freaks that always intimidate me and make me feel so scattered. And I can hear you laughing at me right now. I bet you're thinking "She should be smart this year and stay on top of it". Of course the paperwork always ends up in one big file folder and multiplies when I'm not paying attention. Then I have to organize and sort through it all the following year! When will I ever learn??? BTW, did I mention how much I hate taxes?


Ok, I need to calm down. Yes, have a little Pepsi and chocolate. (Jan Tink's taught me well that you really do need chocolate when you're stressed!) I've been stamping with the Cheep Talk set lately. It's such a cute set and I love the words that are a part of it. They just fit so well. I did learn something important while stamping this week. It is very important to stamp on a hard surface. This card was stamped away from home and the table was sort of cushy. I tried a couple time to get the leaves to stamp well, but they didn't. Since this was the only set I brought with me to use, I decided to go ahead with the card anyway. Now that it's finished, it sort of looks like highlights on the leaves. Oh well, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
All materials and stamps by Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Cheep Talk
Paper: So Saffron, Pacific Point, Kiwi Kiss Textured, and Whisper White cardstocks
Ink: Pacific Point, Old Olive, So Saffron
Accessories: Summer Sun Corduroy Button, Linen Thread, Small Oval Punch, Apricot Appeal Grosgrain Ribbon, Distressing Tool from the Cutter Kit, Mini Glue Dots, and Snail Adhesive.
Have fun stamping and stop by again,
Sharon

No comments: