Wednesday, April 22, 2009

More Soft Summer

I've been doing some coloring with the Soft Summer set lately. I think it's one of the nicest new stamp sets that SU! has added to it's line-up lately. And for some odd reason, I'm totally hooked on the berries. Just what is it about them that appeals to me, I'm not sure. But I do, and that means I tend to grab it to stamp on a regular basis.
This is the latest creation, but probably not the last. This time I made a 4 1/2" square card to change things up a bit. I really like the new 'Walk In The Park' Designer Series Paper. This print especially makes a great background for so many projects.
All stamps and materials by Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Soft Summer
Cardstock: Kiwi Kiss, Basic Gray, Pale Plum, Perfect Plum, Whisper White cs and Walk In The Park DSP
Ink: Basic Gray, Pale Plum, Perfect Plum, Kiwi Kiss
Accessories: Basic Gray Taffeta Ribbon, Slot Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Large Oval Punch, Aqua Painter, and Dimensionals.
I just love these colors together. They really look like spring to me, because these soft plums and green look just like the colors growing in our flowerbed right now. Isn't spring awesome? I feel so invigorated and alive when I see the new sprouting leaves on the bushes and the flowers popping up outside. It even smells fresh and new out there after the rain showers we've been having.
Both yesterday and today I was blessed to see rainbows. How absolutely fabulous! If it has to rain, (and it has alot lately) at least give me a rainbow! It just makes my day special. Hope you're having a special day too!
Thanks for stopping by...
Sharon

No comments: