Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Sticking with a Good Thing

Since I had so much fun with my new set 'Good Friend' yesterday, and since it was still sitting right there center front on my table, I figured I wasn't done with it just yet and got to work. The sun was shining today and it looked more like spring outside (even though it's still very cold). So out came the Soft Subtle colors to give the card a more spring-like look. After 2 days of snowing in April, I assumed mother nature needed a little help getting into the swing of spring. And I'm always willing to help matters like that along.
So here we are - ta da! There were a few extra touches used on this card that made it a little specialer. I guess that would be more special to any English teachers out there. Anyway....
All stamps and materials are by Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Good Friend
Paper: Almost Amethyst, Regal Rose, Certainly Celery, and Whisper White
Ink: Almost Amethyst, Certainly Celery
Accessories: Scallop Edge Punch, Eyelet Border Punch (on the Regal Rose corners), 1/2" Circle Punch, Crafters Tool Kit, Silver Mini Brads, Clear Rhinestone Brads, Button Bouquet, Mini Glue Dot, and Certainly Celery Narrow Grosgrain Ribbon.
Did you notice that I'm getting better at stamping the skinny stems on the flowers? Not a single double stem. Yeah! Practice always makes better - not sure about perfect!
I like how the rhinestone brad attaches right through the button. It draws attention to the flowers and adds a little bling too. I debated about doing all 5 flowers, but that was really overkill.
Maybe this afternoon I'll get started on that big bird stamp in the set. That is, after I run some errands and get to hear the birds singing outside to get me in the mood.
Happy stamping,
Enjoy the sunshine while you can!
Sharon

No comments: