Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Been busy, busy, busy!

What an absolutely crazy couple of days I've been having! Whew! Hopefully things have settled down to a dull roar around here. The most funnest thing happening was my birthday yesterday. And no, I'm not telling you how old I am. If you go by how old I think, I'm still somewhere around 35. If you go by how I feel and how much energy I have, oh my! I think my age is somewhere around 75! Except I know ladies in their 70's and 80's that have much more energy than I do. Guess I need to work on that! Anyway, it has been fun around here. Friday was a workshop with Angela, Monday was my terrific Hostess Club, Tuesday lunch with Anita, and Tuesday night went out to dinner with my family. Wow, I still feel full from all that eating! How can I ever explain to my kids that having them around is better than any other present in the world! I really love to spend time with them, and really enjoy their silliness. I have to tell you though, my daughter got me a darling outfit for summer. She really has impeccable taste in clothes and picked out a jacket that was this gorgeous coral/pink color. Just beautiful! I'll be wearing it at convention, and feeling like a million bucks!

Anyway, let's get on with the show and tell! Angela wanted a card for Mother's Day, so this is what the ladies made. I purposely left the front with no words, but the ladies had a choice of sentiments for the inside, depending on whether they wanted something for mother or not. Several chose the "not" and went with birthday and friends sentiments. This card style is very versatile and could be used for many different occasions. I love the colors of the Raspberry Tart Designer Series Paper. So many different cardstock colors blend so nicely with it and each gives such a different look. If you haven't gotten this paper yet, you really should give it a try.

All stamps and materials by Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Sweet Stems
Cardstock: Rose Red, Regal Rose, Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White, and Raspberry Tart DSP
Ink: Basic Black pad, and Rose Red, Pretty in Pink, and Certainly Celery markers
Accessories: Big Shot and Pennants Die (for larger scallop circle), Scallop Circle Punch, Rose Red Stitched Ribbon, and Dimensionals.
This card really is easy to make because all the work is done for you by the DSP. Such pretty prints to choose from, and they all co-ordinate so well together!
I

Angela also wanted the ladies to make a baby card that could be used for a shower or new baby. This would even work nicely for a baby announcement. I chose uni-sex colors so everyone could use it. And of course, I had to use one of the 'free' Under $10 stamps from the promotion SU! has going on right now. For any $40 you spend in the Occasions Mini Catalog, you get to choose one of the Under $10 stamps on the last page of the main catalog! What a bargain!! If you'd like to get in on this sale, I can help you place your order, or you can go to the button on the right side of this page, and you can place the order yourself. It's very easy. Give it a try!
Back to the card information now... All stamps and materials by SU! of course!!
Stamps: Nursery Necessities, and Beautiful Baby
Cardstock: Barely Banana, Certainly Celery, Almost Amethyst, and Whisper White
Inks: Lovely Lilac, and Barely Banana
Accessories: Large Grommet, Certainly Celery Wide Grosgrain Ribbon, Dimensionals
The background of the card was stamped with the smaller star stamp with Barely Banana ink on the same color cardstock. I wanted the words and larger star to really show up, so instead of sticking with the Almost Amethyst ink, I went darker with the Lovely Lilac. I think they show up nicely, and stay with the blue/lilac color. Using the grommet was new to me, so it took a little while to figure out the best way to use it. All in all, I really like the looks of this card as a welcome to a new baby. Hope you like it too!
Thanks for stopping by...
Sharon

1 comment:

laurie said...

I have such a hard time with those grommets. I like how you used them here.