Friday, April 17, 2009

Class Favorites

Well, classes are over for this month. I think they went well and everyone seemed to enjoy the projects. Now it's time to share the projects with you too. From the comments I heard, the two
cards I'm sharing with you today were the favorites. Hope you like them too.
This first one was patterned after a card I saw at the London Regional. I changed the DSP and cardstock colors to fit more what I like and voila! A lovely mother's day card or you could change up the sentiment and use for whatever you need.
All stamps and materials by Stampin' Up!
Stamps: All Holidays
Paper: Old Olive, Pink Pirouette, and Whisper White cardstock, Pink Pirouette Patterns DSP
Ink: Gold Encore with Detail Gold Embossing Powder
Accessories: Eyelet Border Punch, Key Tag Punch, Five Petal Flower Punch, Flower Trio Punch. Flower Fusion Too, Gold Mini Brad, Pretty in Pink Narrow Grosgrain Ribbon, Heat Tool, and Dimensionals
I really like how all the different accessories come together to make such a sweet card. When I think of mother's day cards, I always envision ribbons, lace and flowers. This one covers all the bases, doesn't it? And think how pretty this could be made up into a wedding card? Hmmm.. I think maybe I should do a couple up while that thought is rolling around in my brain! If you know me, you know my brain is like a sieve and I'll probably forget the idea in the next ten minutes if I don't do it right away! LOL
But on to the next one before I get carried away and don't finish up here! I've seen cards similar to this on several blogs lately, so of course I had to sit down and make my version. This is another that is simply gorgeous in person! I love the texture from the embossing with the delicacy of the vellum and organza ribbon. Just lovely! I gave everyone the option of either wedding or birthday words for inside the card. Either way, I think it would be well appreciated.
Again all materials and stamps by Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Oval All
Paper: Lavender Lace and Cardstock Vellum
Ink: Lovely Lilac and Lavender Lace
Accessories: Big Shot, Manhattan Flower Impressions Die, Large Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Crafters Tool Kit, Organza Ribbon, and Dimensionals.
In reality, it's surprising how quick this card is to make because it looks so special. I'm so glad SU! is coming out with these new tools. The scallop oval punch is in the new Occasions Mini Catalog. It fits so well with the oval punch, so you have just enough space to add dots or piercing to dress it up if you like. The Manhattan Flower Impressions Die is in the regular catalog along with dozens of other dies we carry that are wonderful for adding just that special accent to your cards or scrapbook pages. If you've got the right tools, you can accomplish anything. And I can help you get any of the stamps and tools you see me use. You can contact me to place an order, or go directly to the button on the right side of this page and place your order online. No hassle and super quick.
Well, that's it for today. It's beautiful outside and I have errands to run. Gotta get me some of that sunshine!
Happy stampin'
Sharon

No comments: