Sunday, April 19, 2009

Happy Sunday

What an interesting weekend it has been so far. Yesterday I met friends for breakfast at Panera's to discuss plans for a Mary Martha Tea next month at church. The breakfast was delish and we got many of the plans discussed and decided. The tea should be lovely with yummy home-cooked fancy tea sandwiches and desserts and hand-made decorations. This is going to be a bit of work, but it should be so worth it when it all comes together. I'll keep you posted as we move along.
Then in the afternoon, I was scheduled for a beginner class on using Copic Markers. I thought it would be a breeze, but boy was I wrong! They are so different than anything else I've ever used, that it was a real challenge to get the blending done properly. Of course, I had to purchase a 'few' colors so I could practice what I learned before I forgot everything! Only trouble was, the store was out of the Memento ink I needed for stamping. Big bummer! I went to two more stores, but neither of them had it either. How frustrating!! Arrrrgh! I keep telling myself that this will all be worth it when I can get the correct ink, practice, practice, and practice some more, and then get good enough with these that I can color like I see others do. We'll see....
Anyway, I do have a card to share with you today. This was colored my normal way of using ink and my AquaPainter. Frankly, I love coloring and just want to get better at any and all types. I hope you enjoy this offering and inspired to try some watercoloring too. This gorgeous new stamp set called Soft Summer is in the Occasions Mini and just begs to be colored. Since in has both the outline and solid images, there are many ways you can actually color. I'll be working on a few more ideas for this (if I can put down my AquaPainter and try something else!!)
All materials and stamps by Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Soft Summer
Cardstock: Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, and Whisper White
Ink: Stazon Black, Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, So Saffron, Close To Cocoa, Sahara Sand
Accessories: AquaPainter, Oval Coluzzle, Rich Regals Mini Brads, Photo Corner Punch, and Piercing Tool
I usually haven't added shading to the outside of my images, but this one really needed it. It was just too white and the shading popped the image up from the background. For such a little work, the finished piece is so much the better for it. I debated with myself about using glitter, but decided I preferred the simple understated elegance without any bling. Hope you like it. If you use this idea but go for the bling, let me know. I'd really like to see what you do with it!
Happy stamping,
Sharon

No comments: