Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Found a new Good Friend

That's right - my new set, Good Friend, is going to be just that. I played with the set earlier today and had so much fun. And surprisingly, I never even used the main stamp of the set and that was the real reason I purchased it in the first place. Go figure. I'll have to get to that cute big bird later on. Right now I was focusing on the really retro flowers that are part of this cool set. Isn't this card fun? It's not too involved,
but all the little touches
come together to make me smile. I hope you enjoy it too!
All stamps and materials by Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Good Friend
Paper: Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip, and Whisper White
Ink: Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, Pacific Point Pads, and Chocolate Chip Marker
Accessories: Sponge Quarters, Ticket Corner Punch, Word Window Punch, Crafters Tool Kit, Chocolate Chip Narrow Grosgrain Ribbon, and Dimensionals.




Did you notice the faux stitching up in the right corner? You get so much extra texture and visual appeal with that added touch. Sometimes 'white space' is needed, sometimes it's just too much. I thought this card was on the 'too much' side of the equation and needed a little something. What's your verdict?

BTW, just a little hint for you. See the extra 'stem' alongside the center one? Oh yeah, that's a big oops. I redid the image 3 times and finally gave up and left it there. Please be very careful not to push the stamp down too hard. This caused the rubber to bend over and get the edge stamped too. This is something I really need to work on. Those super skinny stamps need a much lighter touch than the rest.

Happy stamping,
Stay warm (it's been snowing again)!
Sharon

No comments: