Monday, April 20, 2009

Misty Monday

It's raining, it's pouring, the old man is....actually he's out of town. And I don't usually call him 'the old man' either! But the 'raining and pouring' part is right. I guess two out of three isn't too bad. It really is gray and rainy outside and it seems to be effecting me. Just can't seem to make decisions on two of the cards I've been working on today. Maybe because everything is wet, my creativity has turned a little soggy too! I've been working on a couple of cards, but nothing strikes me as fabulous yet. So maybe today I'll just share the last week's class projects that I forgot to finish sharing with you.


This card was really fun to make and it should be fun to receive too! Wouldn't this little faux purse brighten your day? And think of all the different reasons to send this card - Mother's Day, birthday, thinking of you, and just about any time you'd need a feminine card. If you change the colors and DSP, what little girl or teen wouldn't love this?
There was very little stamping on this card, but plenty of extras going on to keep this from being boring. I love how many different ideas are showing up using the Top Note Bigz Die. It's so versatile and just plain fun to use!

All stamps and materials by Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Pretty Petals and Elegant Cheer
Cardstock: Riding Hood Red, Pretty in Pink, and Bella Rose Designer Series Paper
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Basic Black


Accessories: Big Shot, Top Note Bigz Die, Pretties Kit, White Narrow Grosgrain Ribbon, Ticket Corner Punch, and Mini Glue Dots
It's too bad that the picture doesn't really show of the lovely background stamp on the pink layer. It really adds a nice feminine touch to the card. And then the flower and half pearl from the Pretties Kit really set off the clasp of the faux purse.

Lately I've noticed people adding such nice and unexpected touches to the inside of their cards. One of the ladies here took the outer edge of the
Top Note Bigz Die and used it on the inside of her

card. What a cute accent - either side! I just loved the idea and got one out of the trash and put it on my card. Thanks for the idea!! I'll have to start giving the inside of my cards a bit more thought. I usually add something to the words on the inside, but now it will need to be 'kicked up a notch'!


Thanks for visiting. I'd love to hear your ideas on who you'd like to send this card to. If you make one yourself, please send me your link so I can admire it!

Here's hoping for sunshine tomorrow...
Sharon

No comments: