Monday, September 30, 2013

Grunge Meets Halloween

Giving it a little thought, seems like Halloween and grunge would be a perfect match.  So that's what I set out to do.  I pulled out my grunge set first and then went searching for something that would compliment it.  I found a couple items that seemed made to go together, so I sat down to play.  Here's the results.  I think it worked out nicely.  What do you think?

Stamps:  Six-Sided Sampler, Gorgeous Grunge, and Perfectly You(hostess set)
Ink:  Early Espresso, Pumpkin Pie, and Crumb Cake
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, and Very Vanilla
Accessories:  Hexagon Punch, Witches' Brew Washi Tape, Sponge Dauber, and Dimensionals
I  started out with the Pumpkin Pie and Early Espresso (off-stamped) stamped onto the folded Crumb Cake card.  I liked the hexagon pumpkin from the hostess set and wanted to use that as the focal point.  Seemed it was just too small by itself, so two of the hexagons from the Six-Sided Sampler set were added to it.  Still not enough weight there, so I added the strip of Early Espresso cardstock to anchor the hexagons - perfect. 

Now it needed something else - ribbon, brads, buttons - nope, not quite right.   Oh yes, the cool Witches' Brew Washi Tape would be just the thing.  I added a little strip of each of the tapes and there you have it.  A quick and cute Halloween card using bits of this and that.

I'm off to do a workshop tonight.  Looking forward to seeing everyone there.  We'll be having lots of fun and showing off some new goodies and samples.  So that means I'll have more to share with you later on in the week.  Hooray!  Happy stamping,      Sharon

No comments: