Friday, September 13, 2013

Harvest of Thanks Times Two

In keeping with the cooler weather today, thought I'd slip into a thankful mode and share two card versions of the Harvest of Thanks stamp set that I did recently.  We made lots of Thanksgiving cards for our service men and women a week ago and I really got into the autumn colors and all on the cards.  Here are two of the cards we made this last time...


 

Stamps:  Harvest of Thanks
Ink:  Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze, and Early Espresso markers, and Early Espresso pad
Paper:  Cajun Craze, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, and Very Vanilla
Accessories:  Big Shot and Deco Labels Collection Framelits, Woodgrain TIEF, Sponge Daubers, Paper Snips, and Dimensionals

It was fun coloring the turkey on this stamp with markers.  What made it really interesting is that I really don't know what color a turkey actually is.  Hmmmm.  Does anyone really care?  I figured as long as I stuck with autumn colors it would be ok.  So that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

 
This version is a little different in layout and color.  I used a retired DSP but I don't remember the name - sorry.  Wish I had more of it though, because the colors and prints are so pretty. 
The little flag of DSP on the side of the image is from the current Sweater Weather Designer Series Paper.  Just love the prints and color combo on this paper - it's so perfect for fall!

I die-cut a layer of Chocolate Chip cardstock to frame the main image.  It seemed a little plain so I added a some dots & dashes with a gold marker from last year's holiday catalog and I liked the look.   The gold added a subtle sheen of glitz to the card.   The sentiment was stamped with Basic Black ink using the Thankful For... stamp set from last year.

That's it for my offerings today.  Hope you like the layouts and try using them for some of your cards soon.  Happy stamping.    Sharon

No comments: