Sunday, September 29, 2013

Thankful for you

Yes, I am thankful for you!  I'm so glad you decided to stop in today and see what I've been up to down in my crafting corner.  It's been a crazy week and I can't believe I didn't get back to post quicker.  I've got a card today that I just love.  It's a little darker than I usually do, but some of these autumn cards are turning out that way lately.  I tried a new toy, I meant to say tool!  Yes, I tried a new tool this week that gave me a bit of a problem.  I checked on line to see what others had to say and got a terrific tip to help.  Love that everyone is willing to share their experiences so we can all benefit!  Anyway, here's the card...

Stamps:  Truly Grateful
Ink:  Stazon Jet Black, Crushed Curry, Soft Sky, Chocolate Chip
Paper:  Sahara Sand, Chocolate Chip, and Very Vanilla with Sweater Weather Designer Series Paper
Accessories:  Big Shot with Expressions Thinlits Dies,  2 1/2" Circle Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Aqua Painter, 1 1/4" Burlap Ribbon, Sponge, and Dimensionals
First off, let me just say how much I love these Thinlits Dies!!  They're so awesome!  That said, I thought I'd go crazy trying to get the lettering out the first time.  TIP:  Lay a sheet of waxed paper in between the Thinlit and the cardstock.  This helps the lettering to pop out easily.  I can't wait to use this one again now that I know what works.

Secondly, this burlap ribbon is perfect for all the autumn projects you might be doing.  Great texture!!  I thought it was too wide for this card, so I just cut it in half and taped it down.  How simple it is to cut by just following the threads. 

Lastly, I want to comment on the Sweater Weather DSP - love, love, love it!!  I've used it so much I only have scraps left and need to order another pack.  The color combos and prints are great.  Some are really bold and some are softer like this one.  It reminds me of a cozy flannel comforter that I'd like to cuddle up in when the weather is cooler.  Anyway, I think it's gorgeous with that hint of blue and the browns.  Perfect for this time of year.

That's it for today.  I've still got more fall ideas to share with you.  See you soon...        Sharon

No comments: