Saturday, September 21, 2013

Thankful for times 2

Hi there!  What a fabulous weekend it's been so far!  I've been doing some creating today and that always makes me feel wonderful.  Today I have two versions of the same card.  The first was made during class week and I love it.  The second is a scaled down version that I designed for my friend who just had knee replacement surgery.  She wanted to make thank you cards for several of the hospital personnel that went above and beyond the call of duty.  But she wanted to make them herself but wasn't sure how much energy she had.  Hence the easier version.

Stamps:  Wonderfall, Gorgeous Grunge, and Truly Grateful
Ink:  Pool Party, Tangerine Tango, Crushed Curry, Sahara Sand, and Chocolate Chip
Paper:  Chocolate Chip, Pool Party, Very Vanilla cs, and Sweater Weather Designer Series Paper
Accessories:  Big Shot with Autumn Accents Bigz Die, Linen 7/16" Trim, Dimensionals and (ret)Neutrals Buttons, (ret)Black Hemp
I just love the Pool Party and these fall colors together.   They are such a wonderful compliment to each other.  This was a simple sketch that I have in my files.  The Sweater Weather DSP has such fun prints and it was heard to decide which ones to use.  Think these work well with the colors of the leaves.

Are you getting as spoiled as I am always having a punch, die, or Framelits to easily cut out the accent pieces for your cards and scrapbook pages?  It just makes it so easy to make multiples of whatever you need.


As you can see, this version only had 2 leaves instead of the original 3 on the first card.  I had almost run out of buttons and Anita wanted to make 20 cards so I needed to rethink the little accent.  I thought the little knot of retired Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon worked well.  She also didn't want the Linen Trim on the card, so we left that off too.

There you have it.  We spent several hours eating lunch, stamping, and laughing.  She needed to take a break in the middle of stamping, but that just gave us more time to visit and giggle.  It was a special afternoon that we shared together.  Glad I could be there to spend time with her and help her get her thank-yous made and ready to send out.  Thanks for visiting with me today.  Leave a comment if you like.  I always love to hear what you have to say.  Sharon

No comments: