Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Fabric Accent for Thanksgiving

Today I have another card to share that was made last night with a fabulous group of ladies.  One of the ladies loves sewing and quilting, so every once in awhile she gives me some little quilted blocks for our cards, or as on today's card, just bits of gorgeous fabric to play with.  So this is a card I came up with using some lovely pumpkin fabric touched with gold.  Oh, I guess I should warn you up front that just about everything used on today's card is already retired.  So sorry!!!   But if you're still interested in looking, I think you might like the idea.  Ok, here we go...

Stamps:  Thankful For(retired)
Ink:  Basic Black
Paper:  Dusty Durango(retired), Basic Black, and a retired autumn print from SU! that I don't remember the name of
Accessories:   Big Shot with Deco Labels Framelits, and Dimenisonals

Isn't this fabric Diane gave me to play with absolutely gorgeous?  To give it some stability, I adhered it to Basic Black cardstock and then die cut it.  I framed it with the next size larger die with more of the Dusty Durango cardstock.  Of course, this idea could work equally well with current cardstock, but these colors really enhanced the colors of the pumpkins in the fabric.   And since they're just sitting around gathering dust, why not use them?

Just a different take on our usual cards.  Hope it inspires you to look around and see what's available to use on your next project.   Sharon

No comments: