Monday, September 2, 2013

Autumn Accents

Wow!  Can you believe it's September already?  We're getting our oldest grandson ready for preschool starting on Thursday.  Oh my, I'm not sure I'm ready for that!  Didn't think this would be a problem with grandkids, since I'd already done all this before with my own kids.  But it's funny how this is dredging up those memories and I feel I'm reliving them all over again.  Those grandkids are sure growing up fast!  But I guess that's what it's all about.  And since it's autumn time again, I've been focusing on Thanksgiving for the cards the ladies will be making tomorrow night for our soldiers.  Since Thanksgiving is one of my very favorite holidays, it hasn't been a problem coming up with ideas.  Thought I'd share with you...


Stamps:  Tags for You
Ink:  Pumpkin Pie, Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke, and Gold Encore
Paper:  Really Rust(retired), Always Artichoke, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Cherry Cobbler, and Very Vanilla
Accessories:  Big Shot with Autumn Accents Bigz Die, Holiday Frame TIEF(retired), Label Bracket Punch, Corrugator(retired), Champagne Shimmer Mist Paint(retired), Sponges, Copper Cording(retired), and Dimensionals

Did I ever mention how much fun it is to design these cards because I can use all kinds of current and retired materials together.  Just play around with whatever looks good together and not worry about whether it's current or not.  It's good to get out the retired items that I couldn't bear to part with and give them a new chance to be special again.

On this card, I love the leaf accents that are corrugated and then sponged to bring out the texture.  And with this card, it seems to be all about texture with the embossed layer, the leaves, and the punched sentiment with a tiny bow embellishment. 

Hope you enjoyed this look at some current items and a little blast from the past.  Thanks for stopping in today.  Come back soon.  There's more I'd love to share with you.  Sharon

No comments: