Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Too Kind Thank You

It just drives me crazy when I see a gorgeous card and it sticks in my head until I sit down and do something about it.  Unfortunately, most of the time I don't save the link or pay attention to where I'm seeing this card.  So I've just spent half an hour trying to find the original that I CASEd.  Well, at least I think I followed what I saw.  If you know who is responsible for the original idea, please let me know so I can give credit where credit is due.  Now, all that said, let's look at the card...

Stamps:  Too Kind and Another Thank You
Ink:  Wisteria Wonder, Elegant Eggplant, and Old Olive
Paper:  Wisteria Wonder, Elegant Eggplant, and Whisper White
Accessories:   Big Shot with Fancy Fan TIEF, Apothecary Accents Framelits, Bitty Butterfly Punch, Smoky Slate Chevron Ribbon, Pearls Basic Jewels, Sponge Dauber, and Dimensionals
First of all, I remembered the embossed layer of white behind the die-cut layer of white on the original card.  Usually I love white-on-white cards.  But after looking at my card pieces for awhile, I decided I'd like a touch of color sponged onto the main layer.  There's just a bit of Wisteria Wonder sponged around the edge to make it stand out a little more.

I don't remember what sentiment the original card had, but I thought this tiny thanks from my new Photopolymer set called Another Thank You fit perfectly.  If you haven't tried any of these new sets from Stampin' Up!, you really should.  They're so easy to use and cling to our blocks like crazy.  Plus you can see exactly where you're placing the stamped image which is an awesome help!!

The other thing I think I added to the CASEd card is the butterfly and pearls.  I really don't remember seeing them.  But I could be wrong on that, don't quote me!  I just thought the added color and dimension of the butterfly was a great accent.

Thanks for coming over again today.  Leave a message - I'd love to hear your comments!   Sharon

No comments: