Sunday, September 8, 2013

August Paper Pumpkin Bicycle

Here it is September and it's time to start thinking of fall and all that goes with it.  But today is sort of a last hurray for summer.  This card was inspired by my grandson and his love of riding any and all of his riding toys be they tricycles, hot cycles (is that what they're called?), or bicycle.  His favorite pastime is going really fast!  So while the weather is getting cooler, we still have lots of time to play outside.  Here's my take on the Paper Pumpkin kit for August.  I seem to get stuck in needing to follow the idea that comes in the package.  Now, how silly is that?!  Today I've stepped out of the box and created something totally different.  Hope you let me know what you think...

Stamps:  Pedal Praise (Aug Paper Pumpkin), Gorgeous Grunge, and Pennant Parade
Ink:  Pool Party, Calypso Coral, and Real Red
Paper:  Pool Party, Calypso Coral, and Whisper White
Accessories:  Petite Pennants Builder Punch, Calypso Coral Baker's Twine, Subtles Candy Dots, and Dimensionals
If you've seen the Paper Pumpkin kit for August, you know this looks absolutely nothing like the suggested card to make.  That's what is so very much fun about these kits.  You can go simple and follow the idea, or go crazy and do whatever you want.

When I first saw the Gorgeous Grunge set in the catalog, I wasn't too sure about getting it.  Now that I have the set, I seem to use it all the time.  It has some great background filler stamps that work great for so many different things.  I used 2 of them on this card to signify clouds in the sky.  And the skinny lines make a great roadway to ride a bike on.  You just need to use your imagination a little bit.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Hope you've had a relaxing weekend and you're ready to get back to it tomorrow!  How come the weekend always flies by so fast?  I can never get everything done that I think I should.  Oh well, do the best you can and wing the rest!!  Have a great week...   Sharon




No comments: