Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Grateful Leaves

Okay, I'm back with another fall card.  I'm just lovin' all these leaves that we have to stamp with right now.  Each of the leaf stamp sets can give you a totally different look and feel.  It's hard to decide which one to grab when I want to stamp!  Today it's the Wonderfall stamp set and die that coordinates with it that caught my imagination.  Hope you like it...

Stamps:  Wonderfall, Truly Grateful, and Gorgeous Grunge
Ink:  Pool Party, Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze, and Crumb Cake
Paper:  Crushed Curry and Very Vanilla
Accessories:   Big Shot with Autumn Accents Bigz Die, 1 1/4" Burlap Ribbon, and Dimensionals
What did I ever do before there was Gorgeous Grunge?  Seems like I'm using it on almost every card I make lately!  I love the little speckles and blotches in the set and they just add the right amount of filler on those open backgrounds. 

I added a smidgeon of Pool Party to this card to give it a pop of color.  The leaves were all stamped with at least two colors on the stamp.  The 2nd ink color is a little too heavy to be called rock 'n roll, so I'm not sure what to call it.  I really wanted to give an idea of the many colors on fall leaves, so I guess I had a heavy hand adding the extra layers of color.

The burlap ribbon was wider than I wanted on the card, so I just cut it in half.  Then I took off 2 strands of the burlap to give it a softer, slightly fringed edge.  Love it!!

Thanks for stopping in again today.  It's been a great week sharing with you and I've really been enjoying it!  Christmas ideas will be coming soon.  I promise!  Stay tuned...    Sharon

No comments: