Thursday, August 29, 2013

Country Cozy Card

Hello there.  Today I've got a simple cozy little card for you.  The sketch layout is very simple and I've used it often because it's so easy to get the components to work together.  There's  something good about a sketch that works every time you try it.  And this is definitely one of the good ones.



Stamps:  Kind & Cozy, and Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink:  Island Indigo and Melon Mambo
Paper:   Island Indigo, Daffodil Delight, and Whisper White cardstock with Gingham Garden Designer Series Paper
Accessories:  Big Shot with Stripes TIEF, Word Window Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, 1 3/4" Scallop Circle Punch, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, Subtles Candy Dots, Daffodil Delight Seam Binding Ribbon, and Dimensionals
The colors of the Gingham Garden Designer Paper were my guide for the colors used here.  I love how crisp and clean the colors of the print paper are, so everything was left plain without any sponging to soften the layers.

The scallop circle of Island Indigo were curled up with my bone folder, then the teacup layer was added with a Dimensional under to raise it up. 

The little flower doodad was added to inject a softer color onto the Melon Mambo teacup.  Then I debated about using a rhinestone for the flower center, but decided I liked the touch of green with the Candy Dot.  (If you haven't gotten any of the Candy Dots yet, what are you waiting for?  They are sooooo much fun!)

Hope to see you back again soon.  I've definitely got more ideas to share with you!  Thanks for stopping by.  Sharon

No comments: