Thursday, August 8, 2013

Paper Pumpkin Possibilities

Just have to share what I did with part of July's Paper Pumpkin set.  I'm growing to enjoy this little fun package that comes every month.  I will admit there were two months that I wasn't too crazy about the packages, but I'm so glad I stuck with it a little longer.  The last several  months have been great!  July's package consisted of 2 stampin' spots, 3 cute texture background stamps, and several different banner sets.  Since I needed one for a birthday right away, it came at the perfect timing  And now I've got ideas to make some more as needed!  What a bonus!  Here's what I did with one set of banners...

Stamps:  Paper Pumpkin Kit July Edition
Ink:  Pool Party, Island Indigo, Summer Starfruit
Paper:  banner pieces from kit
Accessories:  skewers, white baker's twine, mini clothes pins, and Dimensionals (all from the kit too!)

As you can see, I stuck the banner in a batch of brownies.  In our family, seems like most of us prefer brownies to cake for our birthdays so that's what I make!  So easy and I sure don't complain about that!!

 I think my son-in-law Jesse enjoyed his birthday brownies!  If I'd really been thinking ahead, I would have made his card in a coordinating style and colors, but alas! that didn't happen!!  Sometimes I'm just lucky to get a card made at the last minute.  One of these years, I'm going to get organized and get all my birthday cards done way in advance.  Oh who am I kidding?!  That'll probably never happen in my lifetime!!  LOL

That's it for today.  I should have cards again tomorrow as we stamped cards for the military this week at church.  There's a couple I think you'll really like.  See you soon,  Sharon