Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Vintage Morning Post

Hurry!  I've got a small window of time to get this posted.  The little one is taking a nap and his brother is watching a movie with Grandpa.  Don't know how long that will last, so I've got to be quick about this.  Today's post is a CASE from a swap card that my friend Janine Tinklenberg received at convention.  I thought it was awesome and needed to make one for myself.  Love, love, love it!!

Stamps:  Morning Post
Ink:  Crumb Cake, Cajun Craze, and Early Espresso
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Cajun Craze, Early Espresso, and Very Vanilla
Accessories:   Postage Stamp Punch, Pearls Basic Jewels, Crumb Cake Taffeta Ribbon,  Sponge Dauber, and Dimensionals
Not sure if these are the actual colors that were used in the original, just what I remembered.  I love that all of the stamps used for this card are all in one little set.  The postage stamps coordinate perfectly with the main image which is a lovely collage. 

The coloring of the main image was done by dividing the stamp into approximately thirds and inking each segment with the ink pad.  Start with the lightest - the Crumb Cake - then go on to the next darkest color and so on.  This way you get the awesome mix of colors on the image, but it's so quick and easy!  The three stamp images were each inked with one of the main image colors so everything coordinates.

I added the pearls in the top corner to kind of balance the stamps in the bottom corner.  I was going to use Candy Dots, but after playing around with it I thought the pearls were a better pick for the card.

Ok, that's it.  All's still quiet so I might find something else to do during this break.  Don't you just love naps?!  Yeah, me too!  Happy stamping,   Sharon

No comments: