Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Halloween Hexes

Hexes as in hexagons that is!  This Six-Sided Sampler set is turning into one of my favorites lately.  It can fit any occasion or season depending on what colors you use.  How handy is that?  Here's what I mean - it's my latest foray into playing with this set...

Stamps:  Six-Sided Sampler, Wacky Wishes, and Autumn Apparitions(retired)
Ink:  Early Espresso, Cajun Craze and More Mustard(retired)
Paper:  Very Vanilla  (and a retired DSP that I don't remember the name of from my stash)
Accessories:  Hexagon Punch
In many ways, this is such a quick and easy card to make.  The whole project is a mix of new and old, so this is a good reminder not to throw away the old just because it's old!  The printed Designer Paper was just a small scrap left over that I liked too much to discard and knew it would come in handy one day.  Well, this was the day.  I'm sure the color was actually Really Rust, but it worked well with this project idea and the colors I had planned to use.

The different hexagon prints are all from the newer Six-Sided Sampler that I really love!  There are just so many different possibilities available when you get this set in your hands.  The small pumpkin and spider are from a retired set called Autumn Apparitions. I keep hanging on to this set because of the cool little spider.  It's just the perfect addition to those Halloween cards and goodies I like to make.

Well, that's it for today.  Just short and sweet and quick to stamp.  Can't get any better than that.  If you don't have the retired items I've used here, just peruse the catalog and pick up something that you can easily substitute for this idea.  Have fun stamping!  Sharon

No comments: